“At the moment…” – Dominik Szoboszlai’s agent speaks out on Real Madrid rumours

Dominik Szoboszlai’s agent has spoken out about the midfielder’s future following fresh rumours linking him with a move to Real Madrid.

On Monday, Defensa Central reported that officials at the Bernabeu are paying closer attention to the Liverpool star after Hungary boss Marco Rossi suggested that the 25-year-old’s “dream” is to play for Los Blancos. Those comments arrived at a time when Szoboszlai has been shining for Liverpool, with Mo Salah even calling him “one of the best players in the world” right now.

That’s why Reds fans will likely take comfort from the words of his agent, Matyas Esterhazy, who addressed the speculation in an interview with Hungarian broadcaster NB1.

He said: “It’s completely normal that when Dominik is playing like this, people start talking about what comes next and whether there’s something even bigger. But for us, it’s not a topic.

“We are in the middle of the season. He still has a lot of work ahead of him in the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League. He has said many times how important this competition is to him.

“To talk now about what might happen in the summer, in my opinion, is not right. And Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world. Dominik has a role in the team with plenty of room to grow, so we are not looking elsewhere.”

Esterhazy clearly wants to shut down any unwanted or misleading talk about Szoboszlai leaving, and Liverpool supporters will hope his stance reflects the player’s true intentions.

The fear is understandable, given how often Liverpool have previously seen top talents tempted by Real Madrid — with names like Steve McManaman, Michael Owen, Xabi Alonso, Trent Alexander-Arnold and others all serving as reminders. Madrid’s Champions League pedigree alone can be enough to attract almost any player.

This is also why Champions League qualification remains crucial for Liverpool — not only financially, but to avoid the risk of elite performers being targeted by European rivals already competing at the highest level.

Szoboszlai recently revealed that talks have already started over a possible new contract at Anfield, despite his current deal running until June 2028. That would suggest the Hungarian sees his long-term future on Merseyside.

While his excellent form will naturally continue to spark transfer rumours, staying at Liverpool — where he starts regularly, plays a starring role, and is adored by supporters — currently looks like the best move for his career.

And as Alexander-Arnold can attest, life at Real Madrid comes with relentless pressure and harsh scrutiny, very different from the admiration and support Szoboszlai enjoys as Liverpool’s number 8.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *